Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Questions about measuring job execution time
Questions about measuring job execution time [message #297805] Sun, 03 February 2008 20:02 Go to next message
kingming
I have several periodic jobs and each of them runs a data matching algorithm. Is it possible for me to adjust their periods to change the execution time of each running.

For example, if their periods is 20 sec and the execution time is around 5 seconds. If I change their periods to 10 sec, will the execution time be increased? or what will happen on the execution time of these jobs.(all of them are similar jobs.)

Thanks for any help.

[MERGED by LF]

Unfortunately, merged topic does not inherit additional information (product, version, OS) and I forgot what it exactly was. I *believe* it was one of the 10g versions on SUSE Linux (don't remember the version).

I apologize to all of you, especially @kingming. If necessary, please, post this information once again.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 February 2008 23:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

some questions about measuring job execution time [message #297806 is a reply to message #297805] Sun, 03 February 2008 20:13 Go to previous message
kingming
I am a newbie in oracle and I got some questions about the job scheduling.

1 log files is the only way to read the execution time of each job?
In dba_scheduler_job_run_details, the accuracy of the run_duration is only 1 second and when the system is overloaded, I even cannot get the new information from the view;

2 in dba_scheduler_jobs, though the accuracy of last_run_duration is 0.0000001sec, but it only records the last run not all of the running. Do I have other choices to read the execution time?

3 If I have several concurrent jobs running, how does oracle schedule them? Each job runs for several slices of time or they are executed one by one without preemption?

I really appreciate your help.
Previous Topic: if RULE BASE exists in 11G
Next Topic: patch 4589082
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 18:51:49 CDT 2024