Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country (Oracle E-business Suite 11i.10)
restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287576] Wed, 12 December 2007 13:48 Go to next message
orclapps

I am working on following business requirement

From all the products that we sell, we need to restrict certain products to certain countries (and/or customers).

For example, product A may be orderable in USA and Canada but not in France.
Product B may be orderable in USA and france but not in Canada.

One solution, I can think of is to create country-specific price lists. However, that would result into too many price lists , making price list maintenance/management difficult.

I am looking for any other pointers/ideas/suggestions to achieve the above in Oracle Applications (Release 11i)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287591 is a reply to message #287576] Wed, 12 December 2007 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
Hi,

Are you on 11.5.10 (or 11.5.10.2)?

Gareth
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287599 is a reply to message #287591] Wed, 12 December 2007 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orclapps
Hi Gareth

Thanks for responding

We have two different instances, one on Oracle applications release 12 and another on oracle applications release 11.5.9

So, if there is some feature from 11.5.10.2, we should be able to leverage on R12 instance.

Thanks
Nikhil
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287602 is a reply to message #287599] Wed, 12 December 2007 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
Hi,
I'm not that familiar with standard functionality, but if there isn't anything standard to help you, you should be able to come up with something using Forms Personalizations for this requirement. Possibly using additional DFF fields or Lookups related to the items (products).
Gareth
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287691 is a reply to message #287576] Thu, 13 December 2007 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

Hello

Hope all country should have beed defined as separate Inventory organization in your Org.Structure

U can Enable/Disable "Customer Orders Enabled" Item attribute
respectively

so that It will not appear in sales order pad respectively

Thanks
Jayaharan Krishnamurthy
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #287822 is a reply to message #287576] Thu, 13 December 2007 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orclapps
Hi Jayaharan

Thanks for your reply.

What you suggested could work conceptually.

But, here is my understanding.

When an order is entered, items are validated against "Item Validation organization". Item Validation organization is typically defined at operating unit level. Within one operating unit, we coul d still be accepting/entering sales orders (to be shipped to) many other countries.

So, not really sure, how to make this work.

I would appreciate if you could probably provide more details on your solution.

Thanks
Nikhil
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #290599 is a reply to message #287576] Sun, 30 December 2007 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivasubbusn
hi

Use price list qualifiers with for the particular item.

Regards,

Siva
sivasubbusn@gmail.com
Re: restrict item orderability based on customer or ship-to country [message #293235 is a reply to message #290599] Fri, 11 January 2008 04:56 Go to previous message
milind3112
Hi Nikhil,

Let me know following things.
1. How many Inventory org you have.
2. Are you able to Asign item to each inventory org.
3. You can create Customer wise Price List
4. You can create Country wise Price List
5. You can use DFF in Item Master Level define Country Name.

check this options & let me know.

Milind
milind3112@gmail.com
Previous Topic: Unable to install oracle developer suite in windows vista operating system
Next Topic: FRM-92101: There was a failure in the Forms Server during startup.This
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 02:40:16 CDT 2024