Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Check Printing Set up in Release 12
Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #284868] Sun, 02 December 2007 01:16 Go to next message
Erikson
Can anyone tell me the Check Printing set up in Release 12. In Pre R12, it is under the navigation setup > Payments > Formats. What is the relevant set up option available in R12. If anybody know, pls share.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 December 2007 06:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293432 is a reply to message #284868] Sat, 12 January 2008 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
It is taken care by Payment Process profile in rel 12 in Payables.
Setting up a Payment process profile substitutes most of the setups related to payments in rel 11 !

Regards
Karthikeyan
http://oraclefinancialsrel12.blogspot.com
http://implementationtips.blogspot.com
Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293468 is a reply to message #293432] Sun, 13 January 2008 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erikson
Thanks for the Reply.

I know that most of the Payment related steps are substituted by Payment Process File, however I am not able to find out the place where we link the Bank check Format RDF file with the Bank Payable Document.

To be more precise, in 11i we do this linking by navigating to: Setup > Payment > Programs
where we link the RDF file. This is what I am looking for.

Appreciate your response.

Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293486 is a reply to message #293468] Sun, 13 January 2008 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
This link is carried out at the bank account creation stage.
That is after creating a Bank, Bank Branch and Bank Account... user will define Check Numbers for the document, typically called as Payable Documents.
While Creating this payable document for your bank, in that screen there is a mandatory field called Format, which refers to the Bank Check Format... !

Can Guide you with step by step Setups if you are lost !

Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293605 is a reply to message #293432] Mon, 14 January 2008 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erikson
Thanks for your prompt response.

However I am looking for the link where we attach the RDF file to the Check Format. For example APXPBFOR is the Standard Oracle Check Format and I want to know where we link this to the Format.

What you are saying is the format that we attach to the payable document and what i am asking is the RDF file that needs to be attached to the Format.

Visualise the set up screen in 11i (Setup > Payment > Programs), I want to know the equivalent screen in R12.
Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293669 is a reply to message #293486] Mon, 14 January 2008 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erikson
Hi!!

I found that the RDF file is replaced by XML Templates in R12!!!

Thanks for your time in trying to help me.
Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293708 is a reply to message #284868] Mon, 14 January 2008 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
I guess ( atleast.. ) this time i might have understood the query correctly

Step by Step instructions as to attaching rdf file in to payment format...
Step 1 = Switch responsibility to Payables
Step 2 = Navigate to Setup > Payment > Payment Administratro
Step 3 = It will open an HTML page or Internet Explorer page
Step 4 = Select XML Publisher Format Templates from the screen ( Click on the icon with

Green arrow under the GO TO TASK column)
Step 5 = Home page of XML template will appear
Step 6 = Click on Create Template button
Step 7 = XML template creation screen will appear
Step 8 = Enter the Mandatory fields
Step 9 = In the same page, under the Template file region you can see an field which accepts

files as formats.
Step 10 = First select the format of the file which you are going to upload from the General

region... and upload the file by giving the path under the Templates region

Please Check out for the allowable file extensions, since i dont recollect rdf in the list, the

accepted file types are PDF, RTF, XSL-FO, XSL-HTML, XSL-TEXT and XSL-XML

Re: Check Printing Set up in Release 12 [message #293790 is a reply to message #293708] Tue, 15 January 2008 00:30 Go to previous message
Erikson
Thanks for your time.

Actually I replied you yesterday after completing the check set up after referring the Metalink Note:414336.1.

Appreciate your help.
Previous Topic: delivery number not identified( urgent solution required)
Next Topic: implementing a cuncurent program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 02:11:01 CDT 2024