Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle Materialize View - High Redo Generation
Oracle Materialize View - High Redo Generation [message #280962] Thu, 15 November 2007 04:52 Go to next message
ssmohol
Hi,

I have created 5 materialize view with REFRESH FORCE option.
REFRESH is done with every 10 min.
My destination database is MySQL.
DBlink is created in ORACLE 10g
Materialize view is created using DBLINK.

Since refresh materialize view done with every 15 min, my Redo generate gone on toss.

System is generating 1 redo file for 1 min. The size for redo log is 500MB.

Since materialize views are created base on mysql table, system is doing complete refresh every time which causing to generate more and more redo.

Is there any setting/option/or solution to reduce high redo generation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Oracle Materialize View - High Redo Generation [message #285685 is a reply to message #280962] Wed, 05 December 2007 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem.reddygari
I don't know whether this works for MySQL database or not, but try this. If you can create materialized view logs for the tables on destination side and use 'refresh fast' option instead of refresh complete, then the redo generation will reduce I guess. For this you also need to use the job_queue_processes parameter to some value. This number indicates the number of processes that would be used to refresh the materialized views.

Hope this is helpful, if not I am sorry.
Re: Oracle Materialize View - High Redo Generation [message #285694 is a reply to message #285685] Wed, 05 December 2007 05:43 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Refresh fast requires a mview log which is an Oracle object and not known in MySQL.
So can't be done here.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: replicate to 2 database using snapshots log
Next Topic: backup and restore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:33:04 CDT 2024