Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » set item to disabled in forms personalization
set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279399] Thu, 08 November 2007 01:46 Go to next message
prema_prema
hi

I have to disable the item D_SUM_FOLDER.DIST_CODE_COMBINATION_DISP in form INVOICES based on some condition

I have set its property 'ENABLED' to 'FALSE' in trigger event 'WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD' for object 'D_SUM_FOLDER'

BUt when im saving the invoice, I am getting the follwoing errors:
1) 'Cannot set REQUIRED attribute of non-enabled item D_SUM_FOLDER.DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED_DISP

2)'Cannot set Insert Allowed Property of disabled item DSUM_FOLDER.DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED_DISP

Does anybody have a clue if i have to add other conditions or anybody have another solution
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279402 is a reply to message #279399] Thu, 08 November 2007 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When an item is disabled, it can not be "required" or have "insert allowed" turned on. I believe you'll have to change those properties as well (i.e. it is not enough to disable an item, but change other (dependant) properties as well).
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279414 is a reply to message #279402] Thu, 08 November 2007 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prema_prema
Thanks for the reply

I did set the other properties i.e. REQUIRED to FALSE and INSERT_ALLOWED to FALSE, but its still giving me this error
does anybody have any solution to it?

thanks in advance
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279433 is a reply to message #279414] Thu, 08 November 2007 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Could you post the whole statement (the way you did it)? Also, which version do you use?
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279436 is a reply to message #279399] Thu, 08 November 2007 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prema_prema
hi
please see the doc attached for the personalization i did:

I have only one condition
Trigger event : WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD
Trigger object : D_SUM_FOLDER
Condition :(XX_CNV_CORP_EAP062_PKG.CHECK_ACCOUNT(:D_SUM_FOLDER.DIST_CODE_COMBINATION_DISP) = 1)
Processing Mode : Not in Query Mode

Actions Tab
Seq : 2
Type: Property
Object Type:Item
Target Object : D_SUM_FOLDER.DIST_CODE_COMBINATION_DISP
Property Name : INSERT_ALLOWED
VAlue : FALSE

Seq : 3
Property Name : REQUIRED

Seq : 3
Property Name : ENABLED

Seq : 5
Type: Builtin
Builtin Type : SYNCHRONIZE

Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279437 is a reply to message #279436] Thu, 08 November 2007 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It isn't Forms Builder, is it? Oracle Applications, perhaps?
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279438 is a reply to message #279399] Thu, 08 November 2007 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prema_prema
Oracle Apps, personalizing the Invoice form
Re: set item to disabled in forms personalization [message #279441 is a reply to message #279438] Thu, 08 November 2007 07:55 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OK; I'll move this topic to the appropriate forum.

I'm sorry for not begin able to help you about the issue, but - I know nothing about the Oracle Applications.
Previous Topic: Items Setup
Next Topic: Installation of EBS on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 14:33:10 CDT 2024