Home » Server Options » Replication » Basic Replication Setup - HOW?
Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #75571] Wed, 10 November 2004 19:21 Go to next message
IA
Hi Everyone,

I have located lots of documentation regarding Replication.

I want to implement a basic replication setup between two Oracle 9i databases.

My concern is that the documentation is so rich that its making the procedure very difficult.

Does anyone know where I can find a simple step by step guide that illustrates an example of how to do this thing?

I would much appreciate your input and feedback as this will form the starting point of my learning of this topic.

Thanks ... IA
Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #75572 is a reply to message #75571] Wed, 10 November 2004 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deon
Buy the "Oracle Replication - Snapshot, Multi-Master & Materialized Views Script" book by John Garmany and Robert Freeman. It helped me a lot but im still having some difficulties setting up some of the replication requirements

If you give me a email address I can maybe email you a script I created to setup to master replication sites

Deon
Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #75573 is a reply to message #75572] Thu, 11 November 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IA
Hi Deon,

Thanks in advance.

My email is iaoracle123@yahoo.com.au

Cheers!
Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #75600 is a reply to message #75571] Sun, 02 January 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
archa
hi,
i have done this before using oracle 9i enterprise console manager.U just need to follow the steps provided in help for replication.
U can go to distributed -> replication->advanced replication->multimaster or materialized view and look for help provided in oracle for the same.
Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #112999 is a reply to message #75571] Wed, 30 March 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarun123v

Hi dude i have posted the help for implementing the basic replication strategy in just check out the below fourum
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/27701/68461/
i have uploaded a file(doc) in this fourum just download that documentation espacially the implementation part of it

This Basic Replication strategy i have implemented by using Net8 easy Config and some sql commands ok dude
Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #179336 is a reply to message #112999] Tue, 27 June 2006 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vasavi_gupta

Hi,
I have doubt related to Basic replication using Materialized views.

Suppose there is a database db1 , if we would want to replicate this database for some of the tables into another database db2.

To achieve this we create a materialized view in database db2 and materialized log in database db1.

Then for any of the DML statements in db1 will get logged into log file created in db1.
later on refreshing this log will do all the latest modifications in db2.

The question will this action affect the performance of the database db1 on refreshinglog .

I tried searching in net but not didnot get the required information.
Please can anyone tell me the whether the performance will be decreased if such an action is performed.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Basic Replication Setup - HOW? [message #185920 is a reply to message #75571] Fri, 04 August 2006 04:41 Go to previous message
angelsliu
goto http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/27701/68461/
Previous Topic: oracle won't allow fast refresh materialized view with union
Next Topic: Hanging Job - How to solve
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:22:15 CDT 2024