Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Enterprise Oracle DB replication - what do you all use?
Enterprise Oracle DB replication - what do you all use? [message #680700] Tue, 02 June 2020 01:51 Go to next message
dilipjadhav
I currently have EMC SRDF replicating database luns between different datacenters. It works fairly well and I am able to mount the database in the DR site fairly easily. Its not without faults though. I am curious, for those of you in large shops, what are you using to replicate your large Oracle databases? I'm wondering if instead of doing it on the array I should look into Oracle Goldengate or some other unknown tech to me. Thanks!
Re: Enterprise Oracle DB replication - what do you all use? [message #680703 is a reply to message #680700] Tue, 02 June 2020 04:10 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

Are you talking about "replication" for the purpose of high availability? If so, Data Guard physical standby is the obvious solution, and has advantages beyond fault tolerance. By contrast, GoldenGate is an expensive option and not really intended for HA.
Previous Topic: Recover standby after losing sync
Next Topic: ORA-01103 create physical standby database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:52:34 CDT 2024