Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle Golden Gate - Initial Load - File Method (Oracle Golden Gate - 11.2.1.0 - AIX 7.1)
Oracle Golden Gate - Initial Load - File Method [message #629909] Wed, 17 December 2014 05:54 Go to next message
s.m.ramachandran
Hi,

I am using oracle golden gate to replicat my database from 1 server to another server, where i am with initial load. In single extract of initial load, multiple file is generating with sequence append in suffix of file.

Source server
EXTRACT IFULL
USERID <<>>, PASSWORD <<>>
RMTHOST <<>>, MGRPORT 7809
RMTFILE ./GGS/INITIAL, PURGE, MAXFILES 6, MEGABYTES 2048
TABLE <<>>.<<>>

Now when i start the extract, the process started extract the data into file as below
INITIAL00000
INITIAL00001
INITIAL00002
INITIAL00003
INITIAL00004

Below is the param file in target server,
REPLICAT IREPL
SPECIALRUN
HANDLECOLLISIONS
USERID <<>>, PASSWORD <<>>
EXTFILE ./GGS/INITIAL
DISCARDFILE ./GGS/DISCARD.DSC
MAP <<>>, TARGET <<>>;

Due the multiple file formation, in replication process it unable to identify the file name with exact name ./GGS/INITIAL

Kindly guide me how to handle.

Thanks & Regards
Ramachandran
Re: Oracle Golden Gate - Initial Load - File Method [message #629920 is a reply to message #629909] Wed, 17 December 2014 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pwisman
Ramachandran,

Trail files can only be 2 characters, EXTENT AND REPLICAT names can be no more than 8 characters. You should have defined them when you setup your EXTRACTS within the GGSCI application. You should have done something like this in GGSCI:

--Primary EXTRACT, setup the local trail file:
add extract IFULL tranlog begin now
ADD exttrail d:\app\oracle\gg_home\DIRDAT\pt extract IFULL

-- I use datapumps so this is my suggestion, set DP to read local trail file:
ADD EXTRACT iFULL_dp exttrailsource d:\app\oracle\gg_home\DIRDAT\pt
-- NOTE the remote trail points to the TARGET trail file 'pl'
rmttrail d:\app\oracle\gg_home\DIRDAT\pl extract IFULL_DP

-- On TARGET Replicats should look like the following:
ADD replicat IREPL integrated exttrail d:\app\oracle\gg_home\dirdat\pl

Hope this helps.
Patti
Re: Oracle Golden Gate - Initial Load - File Method [message #629934 is a reply to message #629920] Wed, 17 December 2014 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s.m.ramachandran
Patti, Thanks for your reply.

I am using initial load, where file method being followed. The above explanation for on-line replication using trail file.

Thanks & Regards
Ram
Re: Oracle Golden Gate - Initial Load - File Method [message #630085 is a reply to message #629934] Fri, 19 December 2014 22:46 Go to previous message
oratuner
Was this question ever answered? I am having the same issue.
Previous Topic: Data not getting replicated on target during online synchronization
Next Topic: ROWVERSION data type not getting replicated - Golden Gate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:47:21 CDT 2024