Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo (Oracle E-Business Suite Applications Release 12.0.4, Windows 32bit)
Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #377384] Mon, 22 December 2008 11:48 Go to next message
v8ed
Hi all,

I'm experimenting with the Vision demo, and part of this requires being able to compile said form. Unfortunately I'm running into some problems, with the compiler handing back loads of errors (see below). When loading the form in the builder though, all is cool. Im using summit@VIS , and that user doesn't have the objects mentioned in the errors.

This leads me to three possible conclusions
* the Forms builder is doing a full/deep compile, which can't be done and isn't required. I need to find out how to tell it to only recompile the CSCCCCRC form itself, and not its dependencies
* to be able to customize the Vision demo I need to add these objects to the DB by running some script.
* You can't customize the Vision demo.

Any pointers appreciated.

cheers,
Edwin.

-- sample error output ( more attached ) --
Package Spec: TASK_AUDIT, 20 Errors
Error 201 at line 2, column 31
identifier 'JTF_TASKS_V.TASK_STATUS_ID' must be declared
-- sample error output --
  • Attachment: errors.txt
    (Size: 1.73KB, Downloaded 1333 times)
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382177 is a reply to message #377384] Wed, 21 January 2009 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
You cant run forms directly from form builder. fmb will be available in AU_TOP.

use following command to compile form on server.
f60gen module=[form name].fmb userid=apps/apps@instance

Let me know, if you have any problem.
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382197 is a reply to message #382177] Wed, 21 January 2009 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v8ed
Thanks for your reply. I managed to get rid of most errors by providing the correct DB userid ( Embarassed ) , after which I got this message :

Compiling QUERY-PROCEDURE trigger on UI_MESSAGE data block...
   No compilation errors.

FRM-30029: Cannot find window ASTRCALL_MAIN.
View Canvas ASTCLRQT_MAIN
Form: CSCCCCRC
FRM-30085: Unable to adjust form for output.

This error disappears if I open the ASTCLRQT module in the formsbuilder. After that , I'm stuck with this:

Compiling QUERY-PROCEDURE trigger on UI_MESSAGE data block...
   No compilation errors.

FRM-30029: Cannot find window BLOCKNAME.
View Canvas WKB_WORKBENCH

Once I opened the WPSWKBCH.fmb , the form compiled Smile . I'm surprised I needed to open these modules though since the fmb files were in my forms path.

Regarding your suggestion, I don't seem to have f60gen.exe anywhere on my filesystem.
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382222 is a reply to message #377384] Wed, 21 January 2009 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
First thing. I am still not cleared with your requirement.
Are you doing following:

1. There is one fmb CSCCCCRC.fmb which you are trying to open. while opening which errors you are getting. to solve such errors download whole $AU_TOP/forms folder from server to resource older on your machine.

2. How you are compiling the form?
Standard way is : go to AU_TOP and there you will run this f60gen command.
If you done have idea about f60gen, I will tell you in detail.
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382426 is a reply to message #382222] Thu, 22 January 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v8ed
I'm trying to modify the Vision demo that gets installed w/ the Rapid Installer (I wonder who called it that btw). So I

1* open CSCCCCRC.fmb in the Forms Builder
2* make the modification
3* compile the form either
a* using the formbuilder "Copmile Module" option
b* using frmcmp module=forms\US\CSCCCCRC.fmb userid=apps/apps@VIS
4* deploy the fmx

1* has no problems once I set the FORMS_PATH correctly
2* is OK
3a and b* gives me

( I can't seem to reproduce my earlier successful run)
4* haven't got to this

In R12 f60gen is called frfmcmp : http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=551767

thanks,
Edwin.
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382432 is a reply to message #377384] Thu, 22 January 2009 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
I have downloaded the same FMB and compiling from form builder and on server side also. But I am not getting any error.

What changes you have done in FMB?
I am sure, changes which you have done are somewhere wrong..
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382437 is a reply to message #382426] Thu, 22 January 2009 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v8ed
I even get the error if I compile it without changing so I doubt that the change is the problem. On what platform are you compiling ? I read that there are issues when compiling fmbs on Windows that were created no Linux, maybe that is the problem.
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382446 is a reply to message #377384] Thu, 22 January 2009 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
I have opened this FMB in form builder in windows. Compile it from form builder on windows. It doesnt gave any error.

Then I compile the fmb in au_top using on linux server
cd $AU_TOP/forms/US

f60gen userid=apps/apps@vis1 module=CSCCCCRC.fmb output_file=$XXBC_TOP\CSCCCCRC.fmx

when are you getting the error?
when compiling in form builder or while compiling on server side using f60gen?
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382466 is a reply to message #382446] Thu, 22 January 2009 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v8ed
I'm getting the same error in the Builder as I get using the command lilne compiler. Could you send me the windows environment variables that are set?
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382470 is a reply to message #382466] Thu, 22 January 2009 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry for jumping into the discussion (as I don't know anything about Oracle Applications), but:
Quote:
sounds quite obvious. As you have already opened the form, view ASTCLRQT_MAIN canvas' property palette. Its "Window" physical property points to a window in which this canvas will be displayed at runtime. So, does window whose name is ASTRCALL_MAIN exist in this form? If not, which one DOES exist? What happens if you use that (existing) name in canvas' "window" property?
Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #382496 is a reply to message #382470] Thu, 22 January 2009 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v8ed
No worries. The parent window of the canvas is in a different fmb file ( ASTCLRQT.fmb ). This file is in the same directory as CSCCCCRC.fmb, and this directory is in the FORMS_PATH variable.

The builder seems to pick this up since it doesn't complain upon loading the fmb file. The compiler though is a different story.
icon11.gif  Re: Compiling CSCCCRC.fmb from the Vision demo [message #383670 is a reply to message #382496] Thu, 29 January 2009 11:01 Go to previous message
v8ed
Well well well... it turned out to be a problem w/ the fmb file. Once I copied over the original one it compiled fine. I must have managled it at some point Sad

Sorry for wasting your time.

Edwin.
Previous Topic: Loading Employee records via APIs - business group id failure..
Next Topic: Suppressing change organization form in Inventory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:04:24 CDT 2024