Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » GL to AR link
GL to AR link [message #349708] Mon, 22 September 2008 15:38 Go to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Hi Folks,

I have to get the data from AR like customer details,trx number and GL details from one SOB and poulate the same into other SOB
running GL interface.
Now How do I link GL and AR tables??
Pls throw light on thi staff...

thanks,
Surya
Re: GL to AR link [message #351015 is a reply to message #349708] Mon, 29 September 2008 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kjoy
Surya
Look at this Metalink note : 1012626.102 .
Would you let me know the reason for transferring all the AR Transaction information directly to the GL from one SOB to another SOB , Is this SOB in the same Oracle Instance ?

If you are doing the same exercise for all modules ,why you are not using the conversion methodology bring into sub ledger first and then transfer to GL?

Thanks
Joy

Re: GL to AR link [message #351067 is a reply to message #349708] Mon, 29 September 2008 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

joy,
need to adjust the gaap is the reason, its on same instance.
Not sure of what u suggested. would u pls detail it?

thanks,
Surya
Re: GL to AR link [message #351461 is a reply to message #351067] Tue, 30 September 2008 23:39 Go to previous message
kjoy
Surya
If you are making the SOB in the same instance, you can use the existing same customer header information ( Customer header info is not restricted to operating units, is global in the instance ) and need to create only the required customer sites in your new SOB. If you are taking this approach ,you can get the data directly from the AR Tables for the customer sites data and make necessary changes for the naming of the sites as per your requirement the for the new SOB. This approach depends on if you are not making any change to the customer numbers. If you are making any changes to the customer number, you can not use this approach.

The Conversion Methodology, I recommended that get all the data from the old SOB into new Sob’s the Sub ledgers, depend on the criteria like ( bring only the details of the AR Transactions with a balance or bring one year transactions for looking at the old data ) by using conversion programs and getting the data is very simple and can get the data from table directly and make necessary changes (eg for the customer site names). Once you have loaded all the transactions in the sub ledger and transfer all the data to the ledger so you will able to drill down from the General ledger to Sub ledgers.

I did not understand ‘need to adjust the gap is the reason; it’s on same instance' for creating a new SOB’

Just a suggestion, If it is not a complete restructuring of your chart of accounts or changing the calendar or the currency , do not go for a new SOB. If it is a miss classification of accounts and or the changes in such nature can be corrected through data fixes requesting from Oracle through an SR.
Let me know ,You need more info

Thanks
Joy
Previous Topic: Installation steps required
Next Topic: need help about gl_interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:35:10 CDT 2024